Watch collectors can look forward to Antiquorum’s spectacular spring auction of “Important Collectors’ Wristwatches, Pocket Watches & Clocks” to be held on March 10th & 11th at its’ US headquarters in New York City. Encompassing more than 400 outstanding timepieces, the first sale of the year promises to be an impressive and exciting auction. Highlighting the sale is the magnificent Greubel Forsey “Double Tourbillon” as well as remarkable timepieces from the collection of internationally acclaimed artist, Arman. Previews will be held in Tokyo, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Los Angeles, Palm Beach and New York.
Greubel Forsey Double Tourbillon 30° Vision”. © Antiquorum
• The highlight of the sale is the exquisite Greubel Forsey “Double Tourbillon 30° Vision”. Produced in 2006, it is an extremely rare and important white gold wristwatch with a visible 30° inclined inner one minute tourbillon regulator and a visible outer four-minute tourbillon regulator.
Estimate: $ 200,000 - $ 300,000
Audemars Piguet "Jules Audemars - Tourbillon Répétition Minutes Quantième Perpetuel". © Antiquorum
• Antiquorum experts are also delighted to offer an Audemars Piguet "Jules Audemars - Tourbillon Répétition Minutes Quantième Perpetuel" in the upcoming March auction. Made in a limited edition of only 20 pieces circa 2000, the second watch in the “Tradition of Excellence” cabinet series is an exceptional, large, minute-repeating, platinum wristwatch with visible one-minute tourbillon regulator, and perpetual calendar.
Estimate: $ 300,000 - $ 350,000
• The Breguet aficionado will want to bid on the Breguet, Ref. 5447. Produced circa 2006, it is an extremely fine astronomic, minute repeating, platinum wristwatch with perpetual calendar, retrograde months and phases of the moon.
Estimate: $ 90,000 - $ 120,000
Officine Panerai “Luminor 1950 8 Days” PAM 203. © Antiquorum
• Also included in the sale is a Officine Panerai “Luminor 1950 8 Days” PAM 203. Made in a limited edition of 150 pieces in 2005, it is an extremely rare cushion-shaped, water resistant stainless steel military-type diver’s wristwatch which was made using the original 60 year old Angelus SF calibre 240 movement.
Estimate: $ 75,000 - $ 90,000
• Of interest for the Lange enthusiast is the A. Lange & Söhne "Double Split Flyback". Produced in 2007, it is a very fine platinum wristwatch with square button split-seconds and split-minutes fly-back chronograph and power-reserve indication.
Estimate: $60,000 - $ 80,000
• The Rolex fan will be interested in the two Paul Newman Daytona’s offered in the March auction. The first is a Rolex ref. 6239 stainless steel Paul Newman Daytona. Made circa 1963, it is a very rare, stainless steel wristwatch with round button chronograph. The second is a Rolex ref. 6241 stainless steel Paul Newman Daytona. Produced in 1968, it is a very fine, stainless steel wristwatch with anti-reflective black tachometer bezel and round button chronograph.
Estimate for Rolex Ref. 6239: $ 30,000 - $ 50,000
Estimate for Rolex Ref. 6241: $ 50,000 - $ 70,000
• Also for the Rolex enthusiast, there is Rolex Sea-Dweller, Ref. 1665, with a “Double Red” Mark II tropical dial and thin case. Produced in 1967, it is a fine center seconds, self-winding, water-resistant, stainless steel diver’s wristwatch with double red Sea-Dweller logo.
Estimate: $ 30,000 - $ 40,000
• Horological connoisseurs and 20th century art aficionados will want to bid on world renowned artist Arman’s collection of exceptional timepieces. Internationally recognized for his famous “accumulations” of found objects, his works were greatly influenced by Dada and in turn strongly influenced pop art. Arman’s extraordinary works are in the permanent collections of prestigious institutions across the globe such as the Museum of Modern Art in New York, the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York, the Tate Gallery in London and the Centre Pompidou in Paris. Highlights of his watch collection being offered in the Antiquorum auction are a Patek Philippe ref. 3971, a Patek Philippe ref. 1415 ‘World Time’, and a Rolex Ref. 8171.
Patek Philippe Ref. 3971. © Antiquorum
• Amongst Arman’s collection is an exceptional Patek Philippe Ref. 3971. Produced in 1989, it is a very fine and rare, astronomic, 18K yellow gold wristwatch with round button chronograph, perpetual calendar and moon phases.
Estimate: $ 70,000 - $ 90,000
• Also being offered from Arman’s collection is a magnificent Patek Philippe Ref. 1415 World Time. Produced in 1949, this is a very rare 18K yellow gold ‘World Time’ wristwatch.
Estimate: $ 60,000 - $ 80,000
• In addition, a Rolex Ref. 8171 formerly belonging to Arman will also be on the auction block. Produced circa 1950, it is a fine self-winding, 18K yellow gold chronometer wristwatch with triple date and moon phases.
Estimate: $ 40,000 - $ 60,000
• For the film buff and Blancpain enthusiast, Antiquorum experts will be offering a unique Blancpain “Villeret Automatic” ref. 4040 formerly belonging to and donated by Francis Ford Coppola to North Beach Citizens (a non-profit organization that addresses the needs of homeless and low-income citizens in North Beach, California). Produced in the 2000’s it is a very fine and thin self-winding, 18K white gold wristwatch with power reserve indication and engraved case back, “ Francis Ford Coppola, Piece Unique”. All proceeds from this sale will be donated to North Beach Citizens.
Estimate: $ 3,000 - $ 5,000
AUCTION & SCHEDULE
First Session: Wednesday, March 10 at 2pm
Second Session: Thursday, March 11 at 2pm
The New York TimeZone
595 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10022
TOKYO VALUATION DAY & PREVIEW
Wednesday, Feb. 24: 12 pm – 8:00pm (Valuation Day)
Thursday, Feb. 25: 12 pm – 8:00pm (Preview day)
Antiquorum Tokyo Showroom
Aspa Nihonbashi, 2-1-1 Nihonbashi Hongoku-cho,
Chuo-ku, Tokyo, 103-0021, JAPAN
Saturday, Feb 27: 10:30 am – 6:30 pm
Rm 4106B, Bund Centre Office Tower, 222 Yan An Road East
Shanghai 200002, China
Tel. + 86 21 6335 1268
HONG KONG PREVIEW
Monday March 1st : 11am – 7pm
Antiquorum Auctioneers (HK) ltd.
Suite 1405, 9 Queen’s Rd. Central,
Hong Kong, China
Tel: + 852 2522 4168
LOS ANGELES PREVIEW
Thursday, March 4th: 11am – 7pm
Hours Minutes Seconds
The Beverly Hilton
9876 Wilshire Boulevard
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
Tel: +1 310 274 4710
PALM BEACH PREVIEW
Saturday, March 6th: 10 am - 5 pm
175 Worth Avenue
Palm Beach, FL
Tel: ( 561) 832 - 8812
New York Preview
Sunday, March 7: 2pm – 7pm
Monday, March 8: 10 am – 6: 30 pm
Tuesday, March 9: 10 am – 6:30 pm
Wednesday, March 10: 10 am – 1pm
Thursday, March 11: 10 am – 1pm
The New York TimeZone
595 Madison Avenue, 5th fl.
New York, NY 10022, USA
Tel: +1 212 750 1103